10 June 2010

My big fat American Passport


I spent Tuesday morning down the street at the US Consulate fattening up my passport for future travel adventures. (With my tourist visa, I'll be making quarterly trips to Uruguay for my stamps.) The passport-page-adding process was quick and painless (a relief after seeing the lines of visa-hopeful Argentines wrapping around the building), and best of all, I didnt pay a cent for that particular 'passport service'.  With the new insert of 12 brand spanking clean, patriotic, the-dude-loves-america laden pages, my nearly full 8-year-old passport is now twice as thick and ready for travel! Plus, now I can stop cursing the Brasilian customs agent who blew four of my visa stamp boxes on his stamp (and his Argentine counterpart who followed suit!).

No comments:

Post a Comment